Friday, February 15, 2008

Zen Garden


I'm creating a small space in my garden for a beautiful Buddha statue I bought. I purchsed a small American Bamboo plant that looks like a dwarf Japanese Maple. I also got some ornamental grasses in shades of blue. I'll fill in the areas around the plants with crushed white stone or small smooth pebbles. Obviously this is a very rough sketch that was inspired by my idea. The garden will look much better than this, hopefully. Besides, I wanted to use these beautiful stamps that came on a letter I received and this seemed to be the perfect fit.
See the garden here!

6 comments:

Mim said...

This is lovely and such a peaceful scene. I'm sure a space in your garden will be as peaceful and wonderful

neilornstein said...

Rough as it is, this is a beautifully calm image.

These moleskin pieces are among my very favorites of the stuff that you post. They have a wonderful freedom and playful spirit.

And that venetian cat cracks me up whenever I visit.
More please.
Regards,

Neil

imwithsully said...

Oh how I wish I could visit! I promise not to knock the buddha over with my clumsy ways.

PS. Thank you so much for the award! you are a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

great sketch and that garden sounds lovely....

Margaret Ann said...

Your moleskine posts inspire me...they are so lovely, thoughtful, and meaningful to many people in many ways. Thanks! :)